Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Overtraining...

I'm burnt out.

Ever since I finished school last week, I've been training as much as I could.  My days consist of waking up, working on my gymnastics, mainly my handstand for about 30 minutes, having lunch, then go to the gym to work out and then go to Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu class or wrestling class.  It was going ok for a while but now every morning is a struggle.  Things that usually aren't sore are sore, and recovery times for muscle groups are taking longer.  Partying on the weekends probably doesn't help either.  :S.  There's too much to do!  Yesterday in BJJ class we were rolling and I got stuck in a choke and probably should have tapped quicker than I did but I'm stubborn, and now my trachea is hurting like a mofo.  Today we were practicing guillotine chokes and I seriously thought my windpipe was going to snap.  Maybe I should take a few days off to recover my body.

Other than that, my gym membership at my University has ended now and I've gotten a summer membership at the YMCA.  The gym's not as nice, but it's closer to my house and it has parking which is really convenient.  It's good enough for the couple months left I have in Calgary.  The crowd is a bit different too.  It makes me cringe how many people at the YMCA don't work out correctly, but whatever. As long as they don't get in my way, I just stick in my music and mind my own business. 

As for my supplements, I just finished my loading phase of creatine, and now just taking my post workout protein shakes with creatine mixed in it.  Nitric Oxide definitely gets you jacked up and motivates you to work harder with less breaks, so that's nice.  I haven't really experienced the "pump" that everyone raves about, but it's still early.  Today was chest day and I was banging out bench press sets pretty quick, and maxed out at 225 lbs.  That's my usual max, but today I felt like they were easier.  I'm not sure if it was the Nitric Oxide or the creatine, but I'm happy.  I know I wasn't too convinced about the NO before, but I don't know, that stuff is delicious.  I got the berry flavour and it tastes like kool-aid with pop rocks mixed in it.  After grappling for an hour and a half I'm usually dead tired and my workouts are half assed but with NO I'm able to get my energy levels right back up and lift hard.  So I don't know, maybe I'll stick with it!  

Anyways, time to nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment