Monday, May 9, 2011

Day 31 of my 60 day handstand challenge

It's been a while since I've posted anything about my handstand progress.  In fact, there hasn't been a lot of progress.  Since I posted the video of Day 7, I got excellent feedback regarding my arched back and walking hands.  Following their advice, I stopped trying to hold the longest handstand, and focused on better form.  The past two weeks I've been essentially doing belly facing wall handstand holds, and trying to work on a press handstand.  (I prefer to have control of my handstand rather than kicking up into it).  But, I haven't seem to gotten very far with it.  My line seems better, but at the same time, it makes the handstand much more difficult in my opinion.  Wrist pain still restrains my training, and I've tried using parallettes, but so far I haven't learned how to dismount properly, and I'm still not used to controlling my balance with my wrists rather than my palm/fingertips.  Anyways, here's a progress video, and as always, any advice is appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment