Friday, May 13, 2011

Friday the 13th update!

I'm a third of the way through Friday the 13th and I haven't sustained any injuries yet! Knock on wood. Weight training is going good. I just got back from working out the legs and I'm glad I went because I almost skipped out today since it's Friday :P. But I forced myself to go, and finished off another long week of training. My program is very consistent, and I'm seeing small gains here and there. My bench press has gone up to 225#, my standing press has gone up to 125#, and today I squatted 315#, and although I didn't get quite to parallel with my thighs, it's definitely a benchmark. My deadlift hasn't gone up, but I've been super tired the past few back days. I haven't seen any substantial increases that I can attribute to the creatine, but the thing I noticed since taking it is that although my main lifts haven't gone up, which I usually start my workouts with, the other lifts later in my workout have gotten stronger. In other words, usually during my workouts, I start off strong and gradually throughout the hour my muscles fatigue and I get weaker. Lately I've been able to maintain my strength throughout the workout and start to lift heavier weights on other exercises like dumbell exercises.

I weigh myself everyday and I haven't put on a whole lot of weight. I was expecting to put on more because of the water weight from creatine, but that has yet to happen. If I had to guess I'm about 1-2 lbs heavier.

Anyways, the weekend is here, it'll be nice to have a break from training, although I'm going to a grappling/striking seminar this weekend which will be really fun. Taught by 3 different high level Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu coaches and MMA coaches, I'm sure I'm going to learn a lot!

No comments:

Post a Comment