Sunday, May 22, 2011

The Rapture

I'm still here. You're still here reading this. I guess we're not worthy enough for this rapturing business. I can't say I'm surprised though, considering the name of this blog. Gerald Butler would be proud. I just figured I'd better post something before people started getting suspicious. So my body's getting accustomed to my training, and I'm getting more energy throughout the day. My days training can be from 1 hour to 7 hours. Last Thursday I went to BJJ class, then worked out my shoulders, then Muay Thai, then finally wrestling. Sometimes it's hard to get good sleep after these longs days though, because my body is so exhausted that I'm tossing and turning all night. Not sure what the solution to that is... I've been doing Penguin Dives lately and it seems to help. Penguin Dives are just contrast showers that I take after a hard workout or when I'm sore and it helps a bit. It helps with recovery by increase blood circulation to your muscles and joints.

On Monday I hurt my shoulder going for a banana split in BJJ (Eddie Bravo fans?) I was trying to throw the leg over to the other side of my head to go into stoner control and my shoulder just gave out. I had to take Tuesday completely off. Had to skip chest day, and BJJ and wrestling. :( I was back at it on Wednesday with minimal pain, but even now, almost a week later, it's bugging me a little bit, especially with my handstands. Hopefully it goes away soon. Or else I'll have a nice little excuse for why I failed my 60 day handstand challenge muahaha.

Lifting Updates:
Standing Press went up to 135
Power Cleans went up to 155. Been taking tips from Mr. Rippetoe. He's the man.
Squat went up to 295 (almost past parallel)

What else.... yesterday I went to a rapture bbq where I consumed every gram of protein and calorie like it was my last. I scarfed down 2 burgers, 2 hotdogs, and a steak. Tonight we're mixing it up a bit with a japanese style rapture bbq.
Protein is protein. mmmmmm....

1 comment:

  1. Rapture BBQ? I missed the boat on that one. I think we had some sort of vegetarian dish that night

    ReplyDelete