Tuesday, November 22, 2011

... And Again...


Congratulations to me! I managed to make it exactly one month and 2 days before I got sick again! 
No.
This isn't right, what is going on?  I was in Calgary for a conference, I didn't work out, I didn't train, or anything, just took it easy.  But on my flight home, I started to feel it coming.  Uh oh, I thought.  By the time I was home I was already getting feverish. 

Makes me wonder if I should just live in a bubble.

Anyways, I'm better now, and I'm so close to the end I can taste it.  Not having to be forced to go to the gym every second day or else I'll fall behind on my Madcow program, not having to eat 6 meals a day with each one feeling like a losing battle, not having to work so hard lifting weights but have no gas in the ring.  I'm on the last week of Madcow, and I technically should be done by now, but I've had a few hiccups, a couple that I mentioned already and I've also had troubles with a few of the lifts.  I know it's my last week, but I want to finish it strong and earn every bit of it.  So if it takes me another 2 weeks to finish, so be it.  I went to the gym today and I couldn't finish the sets but this happens everytime after I get sick, so I'll just rest up and get back to it in a couple days.  I've been sitting steadily at 150 lbs so no complaints there.  It's not the 155 lbs I had initially wanted but I'm happy with it.

My other goal was to become part of the 1000lb club.  I think I talked about it before, but it's when your combined deadlift, bench press, and squat is over 1000lb.  Right now I've lifted 980lbs.  soooo close!  I can't give up yet, I just got push through a little bit longer....

"I ask not for a lighter load, I ask for broader shoulders"


1 comment: