Monday, October 17, 2011

Sick... Again?!


How has this happened?  I'm not even close to being overtrained! It's a week back into my routine, definitely not working that hard at all, and bam I'm sick again.  That's twice this year, about 4 times last year... whaaaaaat is going on?  This is so frustrating, how often do people usually catch a cold/fever, once a year? It screws up my routine always sets me back.

So what is the key to staying healthy while training?  Especially in a sport where bodily contact and fluid transfer (sweat) is unavoidable like MMA?  I guess I don't know, because I eat healthy and I get 7-8 hours of sleep each night.  If anyone has any tips, leave them in the comments section below! I will try them out because I'm tired of being sidelined all the time.  Certain foods that boost immune system? I'm all ears.

2 comments:

  1. Are you sure sweat is the only form of fluid transfer going on here lex?

    And for the sickness part... drinking lots of water and tea seems to help me! I've also heard that orange juice helps with colds, not sure about that though.

    ReplyDelete