Sunday, August 14, 2011

Grande Prairie Update

Sorry, it's been over a month since I've posted.  To be fair, I didn't have my computer or internet access for about 3/4 of that time.  I've finally moved to Grande Prairie, and this is the first weekend where I'm settled down and not too busy.  I was in a hotel for the first week because I couldn't move in until August.  It would have been 2 weeks in the hotel, but luckily the manager let me move in a week early.  Not to say the hotel was horrible... the place I stayed at had it's own kitchen so I was able to cook at least!

I ordered Internet and TV from Telus as soon as possible, but somehow they always manage to disappoint me.  They screwed up my address and when I called them to correct it they said "oh yeah, we have the right address, don't worry".  Sure enough, they call me that day and tell me that they can't hook up my services because of the wrong address.  ugh.  So I had to wait an extra week and a half before I had internet/tv.  It wasn't too bad though, because I drove to Calgary for the long weekend and drove back up with my girlfriend.  She stayed for a week, and on the weekend we drove down to Two Lakes and did some hiking.  We got lost in the bush, but it was a pretty fun adventure.  It was a rainy day and by the end of the day we were soaked from head to toe.  Here's some pictures:


My muddy truck!





Amazing


Beautiful girlfriend at the wapiti river!

Missing the cowboy hats...


For whatever reason, the grasshoppers in GP are breeding like crazy this year, and these little buggers seem to really like my grill...


Anyways, my girlfriend is gone now, and I'm settled in, and it feels like every minute of my time is spent cleaning and cooking!  I joined World's gym, and also joined the team at GP boxing.  They're a small group of guys but a great bunch and we can all help each other improve our game.  Anyways, I train Monday to Thursday at the boxing gym, and then I work out 3 times a week.  As a result, I don't have much time for cooking and I need to cook a lot of food in advance and I've become best friends with tupperware.  Here's a picture of one of my better creations :)


Baked Lemon Chicken with herb roasted potatoes with rice and broccoli. Mmm!  

I'll make another post about my new training, but until then, here are pictures of my new apartment!  I really need to go to sleep cuz I'm bagged!  









Ciao!

2 comments:

  1. Great looking apartment, it looks pretty clean! That baked lemon chicken looks good...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a new recipe for you lex!

    ReplyDelete