Sunday, September 18, 2011

Getting in the groove of things

Ever since I moved it's been hard to find the time to blog.  Nonetheless, I've been keeping up with my goals I mentioned earlier.  Weight wise I stepped on the scale at 145 lbs today!  An all new record.  When I was living at home, my weight would fluctuate but never really go up, but with my new diet and training regime it's well on it's way.  I haven't gotten around to count my calories or any of that stuff, but I structure my meals around a few basic rules:

1. Use the food pyramid.  When buying groceries I make sure there are proportionate amounts of each food group.
2. Eat healthy.  I want to gain lean mass, not get fat!
3. Eat LOTS.  I try to get in 6 meals a day, with each meal not being extremely large.

Here's typically what I eat in a day:
6:15 AM  - Omelette with 2 eggs and red pepper, green onion, mushrooms, tomatoes, onions, ham and cheese. 
                 - Bowl of oatmeal
10:00 AM - Ham, lettuce, and cheese sandwich
                 - Bowl of yogurt with berries
                 - An orange, or apple
                 - Handful of almonds
12:00 PM - Either pasta, or rice with chicken and brocolli
                 - Another fruit
3:00 PM   - Tuna Sandwich
                 - Another fruit
6:30 PM   - Rice, with chicken breast and vegetables on side
9:30 PM   - Fruit Smoothie

And here's the graph of my weight progress


Lastly, I just finished week 6 of the MadCow lifting program.  I'm seeing gains already, so I can't wait until week 12!  Since things are starting to get heavy though, I started taking creatine again.  Today was my first day so I will be on a 5 day loading phase this week!  

No comments:

Post a Comment